Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not a bad hedgehog day after all...and book review

While I WAS a heap on the floor for part of the day (and thank you to one of my wonderful clients for listening to me lament over a cup of steamy Starbucks!), the day did pick up. I received 2 more emails from breeders in the state. And we are now officially on one of the waiting lists. (Erin, if you are reading this, I did email you back, so if you didn't get it like last time, email me again.)
Anyway, things are moving forward and that makes me breathe easier.


Also, I just got done reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. Oh. My. Gosh. Let me express that I have a hard time reading serious things...I would rather read a scrapbook magazine. And I hate history, mostly because it confuses me...especially anything having to do with the middle east. I can't keep track of what's going on. And I certainly can't pronounce any of the names or cities. Pathetic? Absolutely.
But this book was phenomenal. It was surprisingly an easy read. I zoomed through it, horrified by what the characters were enduring, and falling in love with the 2 main women. Loved it. Highly recommend it.

Today is a snow day for the kids. There is hardly any snow on the ground...it is very windy and cold though. If only the schools had WALLS and HEAT to protect them from the elements! Really! I love a snow day as much as the next person, but this is just silly.

Anyway, off to enjoy the silliness, get some work done, try not to shush the kids too much, and get ready for Project Runway. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anne-Camille Collins said...

Hi! I found your blog randomly a few months ago and I have been secretly stalking it- but haven't commented! I too read this book and it floored me. I couldn't put it down. I know that The Kite Runner was more of a hit, but this one gets my vote!

Tawn said...

random fact... dh's sister (remember u used to call her "ruth e...."?) anyhow, she used to date this guy and almost married him. before my time in the fam though.