Monday, October 17, 2011

Published!

Hi everyone! I am the WORST at self promotion, but I'll take a small stab at it and announce that I wrote a soldering tutorial for the latest issue of Handcrafted Jewelry magazine. Yay!  If you've ever wanted to try soldering, check it out and let me know what you think. :) Also, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I'm happy to help. Once you get the hang of soldering, it can be a really relaxing hobby to do. I like it because you have to concentrate (so you don't hurt yourself) and all other things sorta float to the side.
Aren't these bird houses cute?!...( I didn't do them, but I love them)
You can get the magazine in digital and paper versions.

Here's my project...
On the other side of the small pendant is a mirror so you can check your teeth after you eat. Perfect!

(me, showing off my good cutting skills)


a close-up that I took...


And for anyone who would like to do the project, feel free to right-click-save on the image below to make if for yourself. (please do not sell the image)


The image was altered by me from a graphic (and with permission) from the The Graphics Fairy. The smaller butterfly pendant includes an image from the amazing Corinna, the owner of Piddix
You can find all the other resources in the magazine to get you on your way to doing some swell soldering. 

Oh, and Jeannie wanted to know what my recipe was for the vegan cookies I was making...here's the link...
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (totally NOT healthy-vegan stuff, but SO good!) created by the amazing Sarah Matheny. Thanks for asking Jeannie!

If you have ever wanted to try a few vegan recipes, get this book. Everything I've tried so far is amazing. Also, her blog is really great.

No comments: