Monday, April 4, 2011

completeness and a bit of photography philosophy

This weekend's engagement session:
The black and white images are a slightly different look than I usually go for and I feel the need to explain my reasons. Here goes... I'm less concerned with having a consistent look in my images than I am with being honest in my images.
Let me explain...

In the photography world, there is lots of talk about having a style. Being recognizable. A certain way of showcasing your work in such a way that you have a fluid portfolio. And to some degree, I think this is all good. 

But not when you are thinking more about yourself as a photographer than you are about your clients. 

When I was playing around with a few of my favorites from this session, the word "history" kept coming up in my head. When this happens, you have to listen.

This sweet amazing couple...I dunno how to describe them, except when you see them together, you feel like they have been together forever. Effortless. Which I'm sure it's not, but you feel easy and breezy and lighter...you feel like they had a history together even before they became a "we". You feel their completeness. It was more beautiful than I can say. 
So, with the black and white images (with a little bit of sepia added for warmth), I wanted that timeless, forever feel. This is what i came up with.



Thank you so much for hanging out with me. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to your wedding day. :)

1 comment:

Shash said...

They are so relaxed and comfortable. It makes me think of "first love" moments before you realize the world is watching your affection.