Monday, June 16, 2008

peace


Ever have everything sorta come down at once?
We have some decisions to make. Some changes to pray over. Some things we have control over....most we don't. Little things and big things. But in the midst of it all...I have this major peace that I know only comes from God. Because I am not a normally peaceful person. I have had my share of panic attacks and anxiety and nail biting and OCD tendencies and breakdowns. Right now...they are no where to be found.
I'm listening to the magic that is Jason Mraz and enjoying the quiet while the kids are at VBS (they are finally over whatever flu they had last week) and just loving my office and my little dog at my feet and the fact that the neighbor's dog isn't barking anymore. Praying for my grandma, who has pneumonia for the 100th time. Praying for a family friend who has to do a 3rd radiation treatment. Praying for my husband, who is just the best man in the whole world...he has some weight on his shoulders, pressures, concerns. I'm so thankful for this wonderful man.
I'm taking this wonderful peace and I'm going to run with it. Bottle it. Sprinkle it around the house. Breed it like bunnies.
I hope your heart feels peace today. I hope you smile and laugh and wave at a neighbor. And I hope we leave this day a little better than we found it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your words. Thanks! So glad you feel peace. May God continue to bless you(and your Hubby) with it, as decisions are made. God Bless You All! JW

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

(((Hugs!)))
May God continue to give you peace and wisdom.