Monday, March 31, 2008

It's FLY monday...



After having the kids home for a week, it's time to get my butt in gear and be productive. (even though all I want to do is watch season 3 of Project Runway and paint...which I may do, but I'll do it while I'm doing some laundry...) And I'm going to try to block out the pounding that is happening from a house being built a block away...you can feel the vibrations every few seconds...not enjoyable.

This painting I'm working on...I need to rough it up. Actually, I want to scan it into my computer and manipulate it from there. Is that still art? I love mixed media, how you can play and paint and smudge and smell, but I also love digital experimenting...the layering, the words. I've been so drawn toward mixed media, collage, and images...I know in a year I'll be able to see how it's all come together, but right now I don't see the whole picture. And I have to be okay with that. Do what you know you need to do now. And that's it. Wonder for a minute, then LIVE the rest of your day. Start somewhere. Jump in. There's a party of art out there, and if you are on this earth, you've already received your invitation.

3 comments:

Linda Woods said...

WOW! That is cool! Of course it is still art! :) You MADE it!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

This is really pretty!!
Art is art no matter what different tools or techniques you use to create it. :)

Tawn said...

dang it - my invitation is always at a time when i can't go. :( maybe soon...