Tuesday, September 11, 2007


Ever had an "aha" moment? Yah, me too. Here was yesterday's (while sitting in the carpool lane at the kid's school)...

I'm doing a new bible study at church on the book "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. I should start this off with the fact that I don't like book studies...I am a very stubborn person. I don't want to be put in a box, I don't want "christian-ize" in my language, and I don't like regurgitating answers in a workbook. Limiting to myself?...yes. But I digress...

I'm in this bible study, and so far (one week), it's awesome. Here's my aha moment...Ms. Dillow talks about a missionary named Ella that lived with the pygmies in Africa for 52 years...easy?...I'm sure not. Here is her prescription for contentment (found in one of her journals after she died).
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything--not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in any other circumstances or someplace else.
3. Never compare your lot with another's.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow--remember that tomorrow is God's, not ours.

wow. Talk about living in the moment. I love "aha" moments. It's instantly inspiring and energizing. The trick is to not forget them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! I may get that book. Sounds interesting.. And encouraging. May God bless you today in all that you do. JW