Thursday, March 8, 2012

Do you have 30 minutes?

Most people would say no.
What if 30 minutes could change the life a child?
Or thousands of children?

I hate to admit this, but I don't think that one person can make a difference very often. Our voices get lost. Our world is noisy and there are a million good "causes" out there. I feel pulled in so many directions that I end up doing nothing. And I have to admit that I am...what shall we call it...easily persuaded. I cry when the aspca commercials come on tv (damn that Sarah Mclachlan!). I stopped eating any animal product when I watched a few movies and read some books. I know that I can be swayed.

But this 30 minute movie is different. It's specific. It's about catching a war criminal. A criminal that snatches children from their beds and turns them into killers and mutilators. He's been doing this for like 25 years.

In this age of recession and depression, I want to...I HAVE to believe that hope is not lost, that one person can make a difference, that the world is more than lost jobs and high gas prices. I have to believe that goodness and love win.

If you have 30 minutes, maybe 30 minutes that you would normally look at pinterest or create a new wishlist on Amazon, I urge you to watch this (really well made) movie. Let's see what we can do.


KONY 2012 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.

No comments: