Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lesson learned

This is what it looks like when you grab an 800 degree soldering iron between your fingers.

I don't know what happened. I was off in my own little world, soldering like crazy. Seriously...who told me that I could handle something that hot?
But now I get to wear this!

I love this necklace. So happy I made it that I'm gonna make more to put in my store.









Oh, and I made Chicken and Cashew Lettuce Cups last night. Oh. My. Gosh. So good. Even the the "I-hate-everything" kids liked it. I made a few adjustments (what else is new!). I thought that fresh grated ginger might be too much for the wee one's sensitive palettes, so I used ground ginger (which blew all over the kitchen cuz I had the window open so who knows how much got in the wok), I omitted the scallions (hubby allergic and I get nasty reflux...maybe tmi here), I added grated carrots to sprinkle on top, and cooked it way longer than it calls for to caramelize the sauce (thanks to my hubby's master cooking skills). Next time I might add some cilantro to it. Served it with some brown rice. SO SO Good. Mom, I promise to invite you over the next time I make it.

Today is Wonderful Husband's birthday. Top Chef Reunion special tonight (are Leah and Hosea together?...oh the suspense!). More soldering (lord help me). Some ordering of prints for clients. Maybe a trip to the antique store.

Or maybe just some time in the sun. I'm feeling wild today...you just never know. :)

No comments: