Wednesday, January 13, 2016

art journal happenings :)


My art journal today...appreciating winter's quiet growth. :)


And Paint Your Story is happening in just one week on the 18th. Woohoo! I am a guest artist in the class and show you start to finish how I work through my stories on a page with paint and markings. Stylistically, I am pretty different than the teacher, Jeanne, but it's not about style is it? Art journaling is about telling YOUR story in any way that feels truthful to you. What a great thing! 

If you are interested in joining Jeanne in this class (I will be taking it too!), and you're new to her network of classes, here are some helpful instructions...

1. Register at jeanneoliver.ning.com (this is free).
2. Once your account is active you are able to take advantage of our free courses, series and even pay for courses.
3. Go to jeanneoliver.ning.com and along the top header click on “COURSES” and you will be able to view all three pages of online courses and free series.
4. To purchase a course please choose your course, click on the +join in the upper right hand corner, pay and you will be INSTANTLY in the classroom.
5. All videos can be found along the right hand side of the page under “COURSE CONTENT”.



2 comments:

debbie h. said...

Cathy, Cathy, Cathy!!!! I must be honest, I just discovered you over on the Reflections Workshop and I am in tears. I had to come see your blog and I just went through your Art Journaling posts and I feel as if I have been looking at my own life as drawn by someone else. Your "story" resonates with me so LOUD and CLEAR and let me just tell you, I feel and share your pain. This parenting thing is tough, hard work and even more so now that our kids are older. It is sooooo hard letting them make mistakes and head in a direction we can almost be certain is going to cause great pain to them, let alone us. I love how you express that pain and that you share it with us. Never before have I seen art that I am able to relate to so very well at this point in my life. I wish you peace and clarity with this stage of parenting, as it is what I wish for myself nearly everyday. All the best to you and remember, this too shall pass and we all will come out on the other side all the better for it. I truly believe this and you must too!!!! XXOO

Cathy said...

thank you so much Debbie!!!!!!!! Hang in there!!!