Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's been a week of art

As many of you know, I have a background in painting...and I'm not sure what got into me, but every free moment I've had lately, I've been painting. Oh my goodness, it's been so fun! I posted a few on Facebook, just for fun, and got orders from friends for prints right away. What?! So amazing and wonderful and while we are on this note, I just want to thank my wonderful friends for being so supportive. So much of the time as an artist (whether in painting or photography or whatever), you are isolated. I work for myself...there's no boss telling me that I've done a good job (or a bad one for that matter). Friends are who fuel my fire and I'm so grateful for the feedback and generous words everyone has had. Thank you. 

As I paint more paintings, I will try my best to post them here, as well as on Facebook. :)  This is what I've posted in the last 2 weeks. 







I'm a little shocked at how neon the green background is on this birdie painting...I think I will re-work it so it's not so glow-in-the-dark. 






Also, just to be clear, I am not changing fields. :) I will always be a photographer. I love photography. I love hanging out with people...in all their vulnerability of letting themselves be seen through a lens...it's a beautiful thing.  

Okay, time to cut my toenails before hot yoga so that I don't rip my mat to shreds. :) 

No comments: