Wednesday, December 5, 2012

still here...still thankful

Thankful Project: redefined
So, maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to start a project of thankfulness during my busiest time of the year. My goal was everyday of November. I made it about half way through and then got overwhelmed. Between blogging and making it to a yoga class, yoga won. Every time.

I'm sad that I can't say that I completed my goal. And part of me wants to do the rest of December to make up for it. But that would be a punishment of sorts. Do you ever do that? Make deals with yourself to justify/make-up-for shortcomings?

Instead of doing that, I'm accepting what it is...a busy time of year. Right now I'm finishing up client orders, returning emails and phone calls, buying gift cards for our extended family, baking a batch of cookies here and there, enjoying the lights inside and outside our house, and getting ready to take a few days off. My hubby and I are going to Vail for an overnight and I can't wait to wander and dream with a Starbucks in one hand and my honey's hand in the other. 

Thank you all for reading my blog.
I am thankful for each one of you. :)
Happy December!


2 comments:

Shash said...

Just be thankful you can go to yoga. After all, the reward is in the effort.

canvas prints said...

i like the visit to your blog, was very cool.