Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving week!

One from today's shoot...

By the time Thanksgiving hits, I am usually a little loopy. Not from too much wine, although that has been known to happen, but from working non-stop since mid summer. My brain starts to go on overdrive. I end up staring blankly at my teens when they talk or are asking me questions and honestly, I'm not computing any of it. I have constant colorful dreams. Last night I had a flying dream. I have dreams so vivid that my morning journaling is mostly filled with just getting out the images and feelings from the dreams so that I can get on with my day. This is not super unusual except that it's just more intense the more I work. Like the more I work, the less my mind shuts down.
Don't get me wrong...I love what I do. And I'm so happy for the work. And I hesitate to do anything that sounds like whining here. But it's good for me to admit that I am not truly resting. Even when I'm taking a few minutes on the couch to read a magazine, I am looking for photoshoot ideas, memorizing the designs of advertisements and color schemes. In a few days we are going to get away. Just for a day. No computers. No cell phones. Just us and nature and hikes and breathing. And maybe my mind will get a little vacation. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This baby is so cute and I love her hair color!

Unknown said...

This baby is the cutest and I love her hair color.
G

Shash said...

Enjoy your break. We all need down time to rebuild.

I know I need down time when my dreams stop being creative and start being about the day that just passed.