Monday, May 24, 2010

And then there were none...

So, to my utter horror, I watched as a magpie brutally swept down to snatch an egg out of the little nest off our deck. We were all eating dinner at the time and my husband actually said something like "That magpie is going after those eggs"...and then it happened. And then I burst into tears. There had been 5 eggs that morning. And after running onto our deck to scare away the magpie, there were 3.

And now there are no eggs and no sweet mother bird. Just an empty nest. Which is the most depressing thing I have ever seen and it's taking everything in me not to go to the dark side this morning anyway because it's the last Monday that the kids will be in school this year.

And soon I will have an empty nest.

See...dark side.

I cannot tell if I need to have a good cry or a huge latte or about 2 hours of working out...maybe all three. (sigh)

There is no good transition to showing a sneak peek, but that is what is on my agenda for the day. :) These are just a few shots from a shoot I had on Friday. Do you ever meet someone who you feel like you could talk with forever? And you leave feeling happier than before? And the time went by really fast when you were with them?...that is how hanging out with Lisa is like. She is so sweet and sassy and all around awesome. Thanks for hanging out with me...I loved every minute!



1 comment:

justastonesthrowaway said...

Pretty lady......can I say that I aspire to be as awesome a photographer as you are? Some day!