Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Something I'm sitting with...

"it’s much more fun to discover who I am rather than create the person that I’m supposed to be." - Brené Brown

I have no idea how I came to this person's blog...surfing, I guess, through different artist's sites. I was reading Brene's bio and this statement hit me like a ton of bricks. Like I need this in front of me at all times. Like I want my kids to know this and wake up with this....that God made us US. For a reason. Isn't that so reassuring and peaceful? I love this. I think I might put it into a new painting.


Speaking of paintings! ... wanted to share my latest triptych (maybe my only triptych so far!). These are collages on canvas, includes part of an old dictionary, part of a Steinbeck book, a wine bottle seal, paint, charcoal, and image transfers. Just playing around. :) I did two paintings last year. I have done 3 so far this year....I'm on a roll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok those are beautiful. you are so amazing!!

Anonymous said...

you never cease to amaze me Cathy--those are wonderful!