Wednesday, August 6, 2008

turning things around


and summer is almost over. the kids go back to school next week. oh my gosh...where did summer go?
to be honest, this was a little bit of a bummer summer.
Let me back up...PROFESSIONALLY, this was the best summer ever. My business has tripled and I have met so many great people. I love what I do and that has been a complete blessing.
BUT, my grandma's death encased the first part of our summer. We had some disappointing news regarding my husband's career. We've been sick twice. And now summer is almost over.

This is what I call "Going to the dark side". I'm there. And I seriously need to turn things around. Funny, you can't turn things around unless you know where you are and where you want to be. right? So, here's to kicking the dark side in the butt.
I'm going to take some Aleve to get rid of this massive headache, take a shower, blow my nose, and relish the day God gave me.

What are YOU going to do today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

darkside? Oh yeah that place I LOVE to hang out! That place you always tell me not to go! Ha! Yikes! Heres to finding the brightside really soon!! tlb

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

I'm so sorry that you and your family are sick. I truly hope that you're able to reach the turnaround and make it back out to the sunny-side soon.
I truly understand where you're coming from though. We've had a strangly similar summer with my Grandma's death earlier this year.
(((Hugs)))
Sending sunshiny thoughts your way!