Monday, April 14, 2008

today is a good day.


Here's why...
1. my kids woke up great today. great moods. great attitudes. and my daughter even said she was so thankful for a mom like me who cooks up hashbrowns for her in the morning. is it lame that that meant so much to me?
2. the house is quiet. all I hear is the hum of my computer and the water going through the pipes for my first load of laundry. Quiet makes me uncomfortable sometimes, but this morning, it is soothing my soul.
3. I have a million little things to do, and I HAVE the time to do them. I just have to do one thing at a time and not get side-tracked. We'll see, but I am rooting for a successful day.
4. I made a new pendant this weekend and it is killer. Is that too boastful? who cares, this pendant is really really cool. Pics tomorrow.

Here's the things I need to work on...
1. I get afraid to call clients. Lame? Yes. and I have to work on that. Where does that fear come from? blech.
2. One of our local starbucks wants to put some pictures of mine up...keeps asking...and I am dragging my feet. Why? double blech.
3. .......(to be filled in later when I totally disgust myself with my fear and perfectionism)

But I will focus on the tippity-top list, cuz that's just the way I roll today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as always, I love your posts, Cathy. Let's get together soon...would love to chat with you about calling clients...been there, can relate to that. Also, I totally want to hear more about starbucks and all that involves.

Love you friend. Here's to a productive day for both of us!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

It always amazes me how much artists/creative types are alike. I can relate to everything you wrote!
*Afraid to make calls: yep, that's me.
*Fear & perfectionism: double yes.
*Dragging your feet on opportunities: I totally did this a couple of years ago and still regret it.

I love your pendants and look forward to seeing your new one.
And it's totally okay to say that it's killer. It's not boastful at all. :)Smiles!

kymberli q. said...

Girl, get the photos up in Starbucks!! That's awesome!!!!!