Thursday, February 21, 2008

chirp


Hi everyone! So after a few complaints that I haven't blogged, here I am. lol! what have I been doing? life, cleaning, errands (we actually have food in our house...a very good thing), and getting caught up in inspiring ideas, blogs, magazines, books, etc. My mind was swirling, and I was feeling overwhelmed at all the posibilities of art and life and my work (and I obviously have too much time on my hands!) and I just couldn't get going on anything.

Then I read a quote at the top of my Franklin Covey planner yesterday (and I NEVER read those quotes...I usually just see "blah blah blah", but yesterday, God made me look...

"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action." -Frank Tibolt

Yup. It hit me in the head. Told me a thing or two. I was so obsessed and overwhelmed with ideas and inspiration, that I didn't take a step back and ask myself "what does my heart tell me to do? what's in my soul? what do I need to do?" You can't just follow fads, it will always end in a dead end road. You must follow what your soul is telling you to do.

SO...I'm gonna start listening and acting and listening again.

Today, laundry, making something, and I'm gonna finally clean my desk and organize files. Seriously, it's a disaster area, but I have Project Runway on in the background, so I'm OKAY.

Oh, and spellcheck is STILL NOT WERKING!!!!!! I'M ACTUALLY STARTING TO HATE BLOGSPOT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Needed to hear that... Feeling blah today. Must be the dreary weather, cold and gray. Need to move and keep moving... JW

Anonymous said...

i relate to this SO MUCH. SO SO MUCH. Awesome post.