Monday, October 1, 2007

Grabbing the bull by the horns...

I was just working on my bible study and it was talking about all the roles we play...for me that includes wife, mommy, house cleaner, photographer/business woman, accountant, taxi driver, soccer mom, friend, daughter, chef, artist, scrapbooker, encourager, school volunteer...the list could go on and on, right?! We all live these completely busy lives.

Well, the house cleaning thing was totally out of wack. See, I used to do all my house cleaning in one day. Right now, that just will not work. I just don't have an entire day to do ANYTHING. So, you make it work, and I'm so excited, I thought I'd share my little schedule.

Now, this is not organizing, it's not deep cleaning, it's not paring down...it's maintaining. And I'm SO okay with that. So, besides the daily cleaning of my kitchen (just so it's basically sanitary), basic straightening, and a load or two of laundry, this is what I'm doing...

Sundays...clean sinks and counters in bathrooms (we have 4 bathrooms)
Monday...clean the inside of the toilets
Tuesday...clean the outside of the toilets (this requires heavy rubber gloves - yuck!)
Wednesday...vacuum half the house and dump trash containers (we have 3 floors of our house. this means 2 whole flights of stairs. And when I vacuum, I also do baseboards and furniture)
Thursday...clean all things glass, or shiny, and tv's
Friday...Dust all things wood (dh, please keep your comments to yourself!) :)
Saturday...vacuum second half of house

I'm so excited. I have cleaned the inside of the toilets, which means I'm done for the day. No guilt. No getting side-tracked. I'm done. Hurray. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this schedule. Maybe I should try it. Since I went back to school, back to work, walk 20+ miles a week, and take care of the fam, cleaning is not getting done like it should. You made me smile! Thanks! JW