Thursday, August 9, 2007



the end of summer.

the kids go back to school next week, and every summer is the same...a slight panic starts to grow in me and I start to think about all the stuff we didn't do, should've done, could've done. I start to think about how much I will miss them. I start to prep myself for what inevitably turns out to be a cry-fest on that fateful day.

My house will be cleaner, my work will get done faster, we will have nightly planned dinners (well, that might be pushing it a bit), ...but the house will be too quiet while I let go and let my babies grow up.

2 comments:

rose said...

I can't believe how fast this summer has gone it really makes me sick just thinking about it.
I loved your post made me sad and happy. beautiful

Tawn said...

ok, i can relate a bunch here...but too quiet? *sigh* never.