Wednesday, May 23, 2007



For the last day of school tomorrow, I was asked to make cookie bars. Okay. No problem. I love baking. Piece of cake.

Um...how do I do that? I grew up having these...mostly chocolate chip, thick and a little bit cake like, easy to cut into nice little rectangles.

But I have no idea how to do it. How is it that I got through 10 1/2 years of being a mom and I don't know how to make cookie bars.

To be fair, I know how to make lemon bars, raspberry bars, bars with cream cheese, bars with coconut. But no bars that a bunch of 4th graders will eat.

So I bought the Pillsbury Bakes in the Pan kind. but it is like 5x7 inches...that feeds approximately 2 4th grade girls.

So I'm making brownies as well. You can call that a cookie bar, can't you?

2 comments:

Vik said...

Hey Cathy, I'm a friend of Tonya's and just want you to know I love your site! I absolutely love your pictures and wish we lived closer :(

Oh, and love the music, too! :)

Cathy said...

thanks Vik! :)